Stephen D. Barker, DDS
“Patients sometimes ask me why I became a dentist. Well, as a child I always enjoyed going to the dentist because of the way my dentist treated me. I never developed dental anxiety like a lot of kids did. As I got closer to choosing a profession, I spent some time with my dentist and observed his balance of artistic expression and interpersonal communication.
“I watched how he helped people overcome their fear and apprehension of dentistry as he enhanced their smiles. People who used to hide their smiles now smiled with confidence. I came to the conclusion that a career in dentistry would be a rewarding one as I would spend my days helping people to improve their self-esteem.
“Now 39 years later, after transforming the smiles of thousands of patients, I look back at my decision to become a dentist with absolutely no regrets. I love what I do for a living. I love enhancing smiles, enhancing lives.”
- DDS: University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN, 1982
- BS: University of Minnesota, 1980
- Team Dentist: NBA Denver Nuggets; NCAA University of Denver Pioneers; NHL Colorado Avalanche; NHL All Star Game, 2001; 2008 NCAA Frozen Four Championship
- President: NHL Team Dentists Association
- Member: Academy of Professional Sports Team Dentists, NHL Team Dentists Association, Academy of Sports Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, Colorado Prosthodontic Society (Lifetime Member), Rocky Mountain Oral & Maxillofacial Implant Study Club, American Dental Association, Colorado Dental Association, Metro Denver Dental Society
- Former Chairperson: Denver Grizzlies “Make A Wish” Charity Golf Tournament
- Former Team Dentist: IHL Denver Grizzlies, AHL Denver Cutthroats
- Former Member: United Dental Health Advisory Panel, PGA US Open Scoring Committee, PGA International Golf Tournament Transportation Committee
- Recipient: National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped Service Award, Foster Children of Arapahoe County Charity Dentistry Award, St. John’s Community Service Award for Charity Dentistry
- Volunteer: Make A Wish Foundation
“When I’m not practicing dentistry, I enjoy spending my free time traveling, tinkering with technology and collecting and rebuilding classic automobiles. I also enjoy playing tennis, golfing, biking, hiking, skiing, camping, swimming and spending time with my wife and our identical twin daughters.”
Your Smile Is In Excellent Hands
Drawing on a over a half-century of experience, the gentle and compassionate team of doctors at Southbridge Dentistry provide their family of patients with the state of the art expertise and old fashioned personal care.